Director of Engineering Group
Amir came to TechBridge in January 2015 through TechBridge’s acquisition of Aidmatrix, a nonprofit that has been accelerating food banking operations with their supply chain technology and community partnerships.
Amir has over 26 years of senior management experience in the industries of Information Technology, Nonprofit Operations, Product Development, Consulting, Business Development and Consumer Electronics. He has held the titles of CTO and Director of Technology for NPower Texas and Susan G. Komen for the Cure, where he led the IT strategy along with business and operational information systems. His responsibilities included product design and architecture, software development and integration, network integrity and security, and customer support systems—both domestic and international.
Amir has driven several large projects that have earned recognition including: Oracle Universal Content Management Implementation Award, Web Marketing Association Universal Content Management Implementation Award, Platinum Award for Best Overall Internet Site and Gold Award for Best Health/Healthcare Content, Web Marketing Association Webaward for Outstanding Achievement in Web Site Development and a Webby Award Nomination.
Mr. Tabei is a certified Business Intelligence Professional from SMU Cox School of Business.
Vice President of Delivery
Reporting to the CEO, Amir leads the Aidmatrix team in global technology planning, governance and strategy. Responsible for the delivery of award-winning cloud solutions to over 52,000 users. Responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategic technology direction and tactical priorities for all Aidmatrix internal and external technology and product development investments
- Directing the delivery and evolution of solutions and services which supports over 52,000 users in 5 continents and are used to manage over $1.6B of products per year
- Guiding strategic planning decisions for operations
- Advise board members as to future direction
- Hire, lead and train technical and non-technical personnel
- Responsibilities are global with offices in the US, India, Germany, France and Vietnam
Product portfolio include:
- SCM4Good (Online Warehouse, Procurement, Planning, Asset Management and Fleet Management)
- SCM4Hunger (Donations Management, Online Ordering, Online Auction and Digital Hub)
- SCM4Giving (Asset Registry, Needs Management and Donation Management Transportation
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at NPower Texas, a Program of the Aidmatrix Foundation Inc.
As CTO, setting the strategic direction for NPower Texas and directing the delivery and evolution of services. Guide strategic planning decisions for operations and advise board members as to future direction. Hire, lead and train technical and non-technical personnel for all offices. Assess needs and serve as principal consultant for all projects related to operations, Internet, and IT infrastructure. Evaluate and improve operational, ecommerce, marketing, and communications systems for numerous nonprofit entities. The NPower Network is a technology consulting corporation founded by Microsoft. Architected solution delivery for the practice to include:
- Statewide Strategic Technology Planning, Technical Operations and Project Management
- IT Governance and Manage Hosted Solutions
- Management of Web Design and Development Team
- Management of eCommerce, Online Fundraising and Donor Management
- Content Management Strategy, Governance and Alignment
- Senior product manager of two supply chain management modules: Asset Registry and Virtual Aid Drive
- Microsoft Business Productivity Solution configuration and product management
- Created strategic plans and managed development of 75 plus online Web sites.
- Managed a large scale development and rolled out a Supply Chain Management application for the state of California and for the state of Kansas.
- Managing an innovative flash-based User Interface for new a eCommerce site with Social Network integration functionality for a 53M dollar organization.
- Negotiated substantial license fee reductions for internal ERP system.
- Complete set up, personnel obtainment and client procurement accomplished in three months.
Director of Technology at The Susan G. Komen For The Cure
As the senior technology executive, spearheaded vision, direction, and short/long-term technology strategy to boost capabilities and productivity for an over $300M dollar non-profit organization. Provided technical expertise and support to 250+ employees in the Dallas headquarters, 100 national affiliates and three international affiliates. Managed three departments: IT Infrastructure and Hosted Application Services, Web Application Development, and Gift Management Services as well as the budgets for these departments, 10M – 15M per annum. Assessed needs and served as principal consultant for large, high profile projects related to operations, Internet, and IT infrastructure. Evaluated and improved operational, e-commerce, marketing, and communications systems. Guided strategic planning decisions. Lead and trained 40 personnel.
- Restructured and revitalized the IT department from the ground up, and developed a dedicated, high-performing team that worked together to accomplish ambitious goals.
- Honored with seven awards and nominations (presented by outside organizations and constituents) for the newly designed Web site and rebuilt successful IT department.
- Initiated and managed a large scale software selection of Content Management System and guide and directed the implementation of Oracle ECM that won the implementation of the year award.
- Implemented Web-based merchandising program, online donation system and online registration system that produced $85Mn in revenue annually and increased sales by 482% during the first 4 years by using a business intelligence system and constantly improving the user experience.
- Planned, developed, and launched several results-driven projects including Balance Score Card and CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration).
- Increased Web traffic by 540% in number of visitors and 443% in number of hits since site redesign in 2002, and improved search engine visibility from #15 to #1 ranking on Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, and LookSmart.
- Developed a Web solution that gave each department the ability to publish and manage content while maintaining a consistent corporate brand; also syndicated data for millions of visitors.
- Lead and managed the strategy for the post launch and ongoing marketing and promotion of the Web site.
V.P. of Technology at Optimum TCI
Optimum TCI, a division of International Corporation, Optimum Group, a leading e-Learning consulting and services provider, where I was responsible for all aspects of development of web-based training products.Pioneered and directed company startup operations and developing products, policies, and support organizations from concept through implementation.
IT Operation Strategic Advisor at CellStar LTD.
Identified technology needs and designed/initiated solutions to maximize profitability and efficiency for the $2 billion manufacturing organization.Wrote strategic operation plans. Procured and implemented cost-effective equipment.Created a tracking system for ISO 9002, and worked with the quality assurance manager to create an online training program for all warehouse personnel.
National Sales Director at National Audio Electronics
Fueled sales and visibility throughout North America and Mexico markets for consumer electronics and telecommunications wholesale distributor.Provided leadership and direction to the sales force.
Vice President of Product Development at SMS, Inc.
Championed the design, development, manufacturing, pricing, and distribution of a new line of car audio products (Avalanche USA). Secured partnerships for cost-effective offshore production.